Friday, August 15, 2008

Lightning and Thunder


I got home around midnight tonight and was unloading the groceries from my car when I saw it. Flash! I thought it must have been a car rounding the corner on the road above me. I brought in my grocery bags (yes, my reusable ones) and then saw it again. Wow, it's a thunderstorm!

I put things away and then went to the back deck to see where it was coming from. My camera wouldn't even begin to capture how cool the sky looked. There's an almost full moon high in the sky, and an bank of orangy clouds in the northwest ~ with lightning flashes in them. Cool. Especially cool seeing all that and the twinkly skyline of Los Angeles at the same time. It makes me want to see a REAL thunderstorm (like the ones back east) rage through. What a sight that would be through the picture window! It's about an hour later and it's still flashing, the clouds have moved closer, and the moon is behind them.

Ok, it's late, gotta get to bed, friends coming over in the morning. I'll find a good picture to put on this tomorrow.

Goodnight!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Mona dear, where are you?
Hope all is well.
I'm looking for info on where you are working and if you are in school again this term. I'd love to get an update on your day to day life.
My daughter is working as an intern at her high school's Montessori preschool again this year. I often think of you when she's recounting her adventures with children there.
I went to Victoria to hear Bruce last month, and hope to hear a few performers in town for the Earshot Jazz festival soon (Andy Milne and Toumani Diabate and Cicel Taylor) and Lucy Kaplanski when she's at the Tractor. I'm in school full time as well as working part time, so I may not be able to see them all. Hope your musical life is full.
-Kim

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

HI Mona, I miss you so much. Please call me. My cell broke and I lost all my numbers. I want to set up a time to visit.

miss you,
gracie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home