Monday, September 25, 2006

This Land is Your Land << click



The first time I drove across the country almost every place I stopped had music connections. I went to Nashville, Sun Studios in Memphis, Okemah, Oklahoma, and Joshua Tree National Park in California. This trip is being made quite a bit faster, so I'm not making as many stops, but have still not strayed far from music.

I visited a music friend in Nashville, and today went to Okemah (Woody Guthrie's childhood hometown). Today I went by the place where his home stood and spent some time in the wonderful little Okemah Public Library.

These water towers always tickle me though... I've always meant to try to find out if the town actually did provide hot water at one time. In case you can't make it out, the one on the left says "hot." Hmmmm.... I should have asked while I was at the library!

I'm in Tucumcari tonight, will probably make Flagstaff, Arizona tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home