Monday, September 25, 2006

Holly



Several years ago when I was living in Los Angeles, I had the sweetest "roommate." Her name was Holly. She loved to sit on the headboard of the bed and purr. I'd wake up to her soothing sound and sweet blue eyes.

One time while I was there I was quite sick. Instead of sleeping in my bedroom, I stayed on the sofa in the living room. Holly was seldom more than a few feet from me the whole time. She was a comforting, kind, and knowing friend.

Holly died today. I can't even fathom how much I'm going to miss her. She was always watchful, always warm and peaceful. Holly walked in measured steps, carefully and gracefully. She moves into the ether with a beautiful grace.

Holly, your footsteps on my bed will always make me smile.

Here is Randall's post about Holly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home